Sandusky County 4-H Camp
June 23 - 26, 2023
Kelleys Island 4-H Camp
2023 Camper Newsletter
- Check-in and Pick-up Details (Note Changes)
- Which Boat Dock? We take the Kelleys Island Ferry Boat in Marblehead, Ohio
- Health Forms and Medication
- Emergency Contact Information for Camp
- Packing List
- Canteen Options
- Typical Schedule
- Preparing for Camp
- Dress Code
- Camper Mail/Email
- Cell Phone Policy (cell phones are not permitted at camp)
2023 Camp Registration has Closed
2023 Camp Flyer and Registration Information
**Important** READ flyer BEFORE beginning registration
- Thursday, April 27th at 8:00am - Registration Opens for Sandusky County 4-H Members
- Thursday, May 4th - Registration will open for all youth, including non 4-H Members and Members from other counties
- May 15th - Early Bird Pricing Deadline (After this date the cost increases $10 per camper)
- May 15th - Scholarship Applications are also due
Scholarship Applications are inside the online registration link.
Registration Link: (not live until 4/27/2023 at 8:00am): http://go.osu.edu/sc4hcamp23
About our Camping Experience
This four day, three night camp is open to youth who are at least 8 years old and have completed third grade through 7th grade (no older than 13 years old). Camp is held on Kelleys Island in June and is open to both 4-H Club Members and Non-Members (although members may register a week earlier and have a discounted price).
Members will stay in cabins with other campers of similar age and 1-2 trained teen counselors. Our total capacity is twelve people per cabin, which typically includes two counselors and up to ten campers. Campers spend most of their time being active outdoors, weather permitting. Our camp goals are to provide a fun, safe environment for youth to experience new things, learn and grow. Teen counselors complete a screening and selection process, as well as a six month training and planning program. The teen counselors plan and implement most programming, with guidance from the 4-H Extension Educator, Gwen Soule, our 4-H program assistant, and 8-9 local adult volunteers, including one nurse.
Our county camps on beautiful Kelleys Island in Lake Erie at Kelleys Island 4-H Camp (owned and operated by Erie County 4-H Camp, Inc.). A volunteer board of directors operates the camp facility, along with one paid summer program director. They also hire summer staff members (typically college interns) to assist with logistics and programing. Staff are all screened and trained according to the board and Ohio State University's policies.
If you'd like to see the camp facility, you may visit their website HERE.