Below are some resources we feel our current volunteers may find helpful to them.
If you are a potential new volunteer looking to join our team, please call the OSU Extension Office at 419.334.6340 or email Gwen at email@example.com for a complete application packet and additional information.
Multi-County Volutneer Training / Discussion
Area 4-H Educators will be leading three discussion based training events by Zoom. After each Gwen will be available to our volutneers to answer any questions. Join us on Zoom!
- March 23 - But We Always Do it That Way! Have you ever muttered this phrase when a group was talking about new ideas? Or have you ever been the one suggesting a change and you have heard this in response? Join us for a discussion about traditions and change.
- April 22 - Youth Engagement In Person and Virtually! No matter how your club is meeting rigth now, come discuss strategies for keeping members engaged and involved.
- May 12 - Topic TBA. Volunteers get input on the topic discussed in May. Have ideas? Let Gwen know and she will share them with the committee.
For more information and the Zoom link, click HERE.
Volunteers must complete a rescreening process every four years. Emails were sent to volunteers needing rescreening in 2021. Volunteers are asked to make an appointment for
2021 Rescreening Packet - Includes letter, BCI Fingerprint Background Check instructions, and Form.
2021 Volunteer Training Options / Meetings
Club Volunteer Training
Club volunteer and shooting sports volunteer annual training was held via Zoom in February. If you missed these trainings, you can complete the annual policy training usign the instructions below:
Child Protection Training Only
This course uses OSU's online course software and can be accessed via computer or tablet. Smartphones may not work well.
CLICK HERE for registration instructions.
2021 General Club Forms
Additional resources and forms will be added as available.
Enrollment Related Forms
- Application for Membership Across County Lines
- Horse Permission to Participate Form (only needed for members enrollign with paper enrollment).
- Paper Enrollment Forms: Paper enrollment forms are to be used only if families do not ahve any access to the internet and are unable to access internet at the library or other public locations due to COVID related concerns
4HOnline 2.0 Information
Our 4HOnline is now new and improved! The new interface has been designed to be easier to use as well as mobile friendly.
- Enrolling in 4-H (New Families) - Step by step instructions for families new to 4-H (members, not volunteers)
- Re-Enrolling in 4-H (Returning Families) - Step by step instructions for families who are returngin to 4-H. All exisiting and families involved previsouly (last five plus years) have a profile already. Please do not create another one.
- Club Leader Access 4HOnline 2.0 - Instructions for logging into club to view member and roster information. Every club has a new password. Please call 419-334-6340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your password.
Stay Connected Advisor Resources (Link to State 4-H Page)
- How to Zoom - Connecting with and using Zoom for Club Meetings
- Tips & Tricks for Meeting When You Can't Meet in Person
- Communicating Online with Your Club
Educational Program Resources - This handout from 2019 volunteer training includes links to programs volunteers can lead for their clubs as well as community resources for educational progrmas (tours, guest speakers, etc).
Occassional Quantity Cook Training - Required for clubs preparing food for sale or give-away (excludes bake-sales). At least one volunteer must complete training and remain present during the event.
Ohio 4-H Club Management Policies and Procedures - A comprehensive list of policies and links to forms, including sample permission forms,
Ohio 4-H Volunteer Handbook - Policies, Guidelines and other resources for 4-H Volunteers
Ohio State Fair 4-H Guidebook - Ohio State Fair requirements for all non-livestock projects. Please note that youth must be selected for participation in most classes through county judging.