The 2018 4-H Project Judging Results (for non-livestock projects) have been posted at the links below.
We would like to congratulate all of our members on a job well done!
- Please note that trophies are given for project groupings, not for each project.
- The groupings are based on the number of members in each project.
- Some projects need to be split into Jr. and Sr. categories. Those projects with very few members participating are grouped together with similar projects.
- Awards will be given at the Summer Showcase event on Tuesday, July 17, 2018.
- Award winners will also be contacted directly by email.
- Members unable to attend Summer Showcase can pick up awards after the event at the Extension Office.
- Complete information about each state level competition can be found HERE and will be included in the paper copy state fair packet.
- State Fair packets and tickets for members needing them will be distributed at the Summer Showcase event on July 17, 2018.
- Members unable to attend Summer Showcase may pick their packets up anytime Mon-Thursday, 8am-4:30pm AFTER Wednesday, July 18th.
- Please note that tickets are given for members only and a small number of adult tickets are provided for those families who need to attend many days. Discounted tickets can be purchased ahead of time at several locations.
- Some competitions are not held at the Ohio State Fair. These competitions are held off-site due to the types of activities members will complete.
- For example, Tractor classes are held at a tractor dealership because they use actual tractors and obstacle courses. Welding classes are held at the Ag Engineering building because members weld as part of their evaluation.
- Because these events are not held at the state fair, tickets are not needed or provided.
- Read all information provided carefully (and right away). Many projects have different requirements for state-level competition and it may take extra time to prepare.
- State competition is OPTIONAL. All we ask if you cannot attend (or would simply rather not) is to let us know.